Well, my new year hasn't had quite the genealogical start I wanted. My husband gave me a late Christmas present of a cold, so I've been coughing and sneezing and generally feeling miserable. Thanks hon!
When I have felt up to it, I have been doing a fair amount of indexing though, especially since the World Archives Project released its latest project for keying: Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Marriage Records, 1810-1973. My husband has family in that area and time period, so I am very excited about this project! As much fun as I have indexing, I rarely have any personal use for the collections. They usually don't seem to coincide with the areas and/or dates I'm researching.
Hopefully I'll get over this cold soon so I can give a proper update. Take it from me: trying to cite your sources while hopped up on cold medicine? Not a good idea.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
I have several genealogy-related goals I would like to accomplish in the coming year. I admit that I am usually one of those people who makes several resolutions and forgets about most of them by the end of the month. Hopefully saying these "out loud" will help me keep them throughout the year.
- Scan all of the old family photographs that have been taunting me for years. Yes. All of them.
- Buy an external hard drive and back up all of my genealogical information
- Update this blog more often
- Join at least two genealogical societies
- Volunteer with at least one new genealogical project
- Start at least one genealogy art project (scrapbooking, framing photos, genealogy gifts for family, or one of the other various ideas I've had in my head)
- Organize my paper files - especially the dreaded "Notes and Random Stuff" folder. *shudder*