Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

I started 2011 with the best of intentions. I set plenty of genealogical goals for myself. Although some were a little ambitious, they were all completely doable. And then the month of June threw a wrench into my plans and everything sort of came to a grinding halt. Health issues and hospitals and bills and family drama and home problems aren't exactly conducive to productivity. And so I didn't get to cross nearly as many things off my list as I had planned.

But honestly? I didn't do all too bad. Out of seven goals, I completed three and did half of two others. Of course, the ones I REALLY wanted to do (scanning all old photos and updating this blog more often) were complete and total fails. But there's always next year, right? ;)

My goals for 2012 are pretty much the same as last year. I've really come to realize that genealogy is my passion in this past year, and I would like to eventually become certified and maybe even pursue this as a career someday. Someday. That day is a LONG way off. But in the mean time, I want to learn everything I can. I want to get back to basics and go from there, devouring every bit of knowledge in my path.

I wish you all the best of luck in your genealogical adventures of 2012 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment